RECENT NEWS: PROPOSED UTILITY FEE AND DEPOSIT CHANGES
The City Commission of the City of Dade City has determined that the fees associated with the collection of water and sewer accounts are in need of revision to make the payment and collection process more equitable and effective. Ordinance No. 2022-01 will amend applicable sections of Chapter 98 (Utilities), Article II (Water Service) and Article III (Sewer Service) of the City's Code of Ordinances. Click here to view the proposed amendments summarized in a memo to utility customers.
Proposed Utility Fee Deposit Changes
UTILITY BILLING DEPARTMENT
38020 Meridian Ave
Dade City, FL 33525
Office Hours: M-F 8:30 am - 4:30pm
Tel: (352) 523-5053
For more information, click Utility Billing
ONLINE BILL PAY IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
14302 Delmar Street
Dade City, FL 33523
Office Hours: M-F 7:00 am - 4:00pm
Tel: 352-523-5065 ( Not for customer service inquiries) For Turnoffs or billing please call 352-523-5053.
Requests for proposals/qualifications are posted on the News page.
WATER DIVISION SUMMARY
This division operates and maintains seven (7) public drinking water supply wells and two (2) ground storage facilities and ensures compliance with all the Interim Primary Drinking Water Standards and Environmental Regulations. This division's function is also to monitor/maintain and provide the necessary repairs to our water distribution system and wastewater collection facilities. Other division tasks are conducting annual water audits and implementing conservation measures to account for any water losses which might occur through system leaks or unmetered water uses.
WATER DIVISION MISSION STATEMENT
To conduct system operations in the most efficient way and protect the health and well-being of the community by providing the highest quality of potable water at the most economical cost.
MAJOR WATER DIVISION FUNCTIONS
- Operation and maintenance of water supply wells and storage facilities
- Preparation and submittal of budget needs
- Conduct daily operational inspections, make needed repairs and adjustments
- Compliance with the Primary Drinking Water Standards (9) year schedule
- Conduct annual leak detection and water audit reports
- Participate with the TECO-Cogeneration Program & Emergency Preparedness
- Compliance & Renewal of the Consumptive Water Use Permit & requirements
- Maintain well site facilities (mowing, cleaning, painting, emergency generators etc.)
- Maintain City's radio telemetry system and respond on call stand by 24-hr day
- Maintenance of the water distribution system & wastewater collection facilities
- Daily inspections and maintenance of 27 wastewater lift stations
- Ongoing leak detection & repairs to City's water mains
- Water quality flushing program 2" mains
- Service meter & hydrant replacement program
- Cleaning of wastewater lift stations and sewer mains
- Ensuring compliance with environmental regulations (water & wastewater)
- Coordinate lab-testing schedules with pertaining regulatory agencies and laboratories
- Submit monthly, weekly, quarterly operational reports to regulatory agencies
- Research regulations for monitoring waivers and compositing when applicable
- Provide engineering services
- Comply with all pertaining regulatory agency requirements
- Oversee water and wastewater projects
- Provide engineering support to all other departments
WASTEWATER DIVISION SUMMARY
The Wastewater Division operates and maintains the Dade City Wastewater Treatment Plant. The administration and plant personnel are charged with the large responsibility of protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public. In addition, adequate plant operation results in protection of the environment, natural resources and wildlife. The operation of this facility requires the highest performance of available personnel to obtain the most economic operation possible.