HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
38020 Meridian Avenue
Dade City, FL 33525
Office Hours: Monday through Friday
7:00 am to 4:00 pm
The HR Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The administration of policies, procedures and programs, personnel records, recruitment and selection, employee relations, training and development, benefits, safety, labor relations, compensation, and organizational development.
City management emphasizes that employees are the most valuable resources and they represent a significant investment in the organization. The operational role as the HR Director is administrative and tactical in nature; ensuring that there is compliance with city policies, equal employment opportunity and other employment laws and regulations.
THE CITY OF DADE CITY IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND A SMOKE-FREE CAMPUS.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PLEASE VIEW OUR EEO POLICY STATEMENT
The City of Dade City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Advocate. If you have any questions about equal employment opportunities or feel you may have been discriminated against, you may contact Human Resources Department at 352-521-1412.
IF ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS IN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION ARE NEEDED, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT 352-521-1412.
The City of Dade City is a Section 504/ADA Compliant Advocate. If you feel you may have been discriminated against, you may contact Human Resources Department at 352-521-1412.
Health and Wellness Benefits we offer on 1st of the month after 60 days of employment:
- City-paid health insurance for employee (United Healthcare); optional dental and vision (MetLife)
- Onsite employee fitness center - includes exercise equipment; a changing room/restroom/shower facilities
- City-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance; optional additional life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability (MetLife)
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account; optional whole and term life insurance policies (American Fidelity)
- Optional supplemental insurance - Accident, Critical Illness-Cancer, Hospital Indemnity (Allstate)
- Dade City 401(a) Plan - ( Florida Municipal Pension Trust Fund) - City contributes 8%; employee contributes 4%; fully vested after 6 years (for all City employees except sworn police officers; begin earning the first day of employment)
- Dade City Police Officers' Pension Fund (Foster & Foster; begin earning the first day of employment)
- Optional deferred compensation - Florida Municipal Pension Trust Fund
- Holidays = 11 paid days per year
- Personal Day = 1 paid day granted every October 1
- Annual Leave
- 96 hours earned annually during first 5 years of employment
- 112 hours earned annually during years 6 through 10 of employment
- 128 hours earned annually during years 11 through 15 of employment
- 144 hours earned annually during years 16 through 20 of employment
- 176 hours earned annually during years 20+ of employment
- Sick Leave = 8 hours granted for each full month of employment