Explore the opportunity to work in one of the coolest small towns in Tampa Bay. We are located in the beautiful hills of Eastern Pasco County - just a short drive from Tampa, Orlando or Lakeland!
The City of Dade City is currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Public Safety Information Operator (requires background investigation, drug screen,
Equipment Operator II - Streets
In order to be considered for any open City positions, the City Application or Police Officer / Police Department Support Staff Application must be submitted to: City of Dade City, ATTN: Human Resources, 38020 Meridian Ave., Dade City, FL 33525 or can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be accompanied by cover letter and/or resume.
THE CITY OF DADE CITY IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND A SMOKE-FREE CAMPUS and AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The City of Dade City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Advocate. If you have any questions about equal employment opportunities or feel you may have been discriminated against, you may contact Human Resources Department at 352-521-1412.
IF ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS IN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION ARE NEEDED, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT 352-521-1412.
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY AND WILL PROVIDE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WITH YOUR FORM I-9 INFORMATION TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. IF E-VERIFY CANNOT CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO WORK, THIS EMPLOYER IS REQUIRED TO GIVE YOU WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO CONTACT THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY OR THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION SO YOU CAN BEGIN TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE BEFORE THE EMPLOYER CAN TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST YOU, INCLUDING TERMINATING YOUR EMPLOYMENT. EMPLOYERS CAN ONLY USE E-VERIFY ONCE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED A JOB OFFER AND COMPLETED THE FORM I-9.
Summary of Benefits:
On the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment, you will begin receiving Health and Wellness Benefits that include:
- City-paid health insurance for employee (United Healthcare); optional dental and vision (MetLife), with an option to include dependents at employee cost;
- City-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance; optional additional life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability (MetLife)
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account; optional additional life, term, and whole insurance (American Fidelity)
- Optional supplemental insurance - Accident, Critical Illness-Cancer, Hospital Indemnity (Allstate)
- Dade City 401(a) Plan - ( Florida Municipal Pension Trust Fund) - City contributes 8%; employee contributes 4%; fully vested after 6 years (for all City employees except sworn police officers; begin earning first day of employment)
- On-site employee fitness center, includes exercise equipment, a locker room and shower facilities;
- Dade City Police Officers' Pension Fund (Foster & Foster; begin earning first day of employment)
- Optional deferred compensation - Florida Municipal Pension Trust Fund
- City Employees are given:
- 10 paid Holidays per year
- 1 paid personal day annually
- Vacation/Annual Leave:
- 96 hours earned annually during first 5 years of employment
- 112 hours earned annually during years 6 through 10 of employment
- 128 hours earned annually during years 11 through 15 of employment
- 144 hours earned annually during years 16 through 20 of employment
- 176 hours earned annually during years 20+ of employment
- 8 hours sick leave earned for each full month of employment
Applications are below. Return completed application and resume to Human Resources via e-mail email@example.com, drop off or US mail at 38020 Meridian Avenue, Dade City, FL 33525.
CITY APPLICATION (Please save your document then email to firstname.lastname@example.org)