Welcome to the City of Dade City's Building Department
38020 Meridian Ave
Dade City, FL 33525
Phone: (352) 523-5050
Fax: (352) 521-1498
Mike Barthle, Certified Building Official - Ext. 414
Sarah Perez, Permit Tech / Safety Service Coordinator- Ext. 412
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We accept drop offs until 5:00pm, but we do not process payments after 4:30 pm.
The Building Division is responsible for ensuring the protection of safety, health & general welfare of the public through adequate building permits and inspections. The City enforces the Florida Building Code and City Ordinances while reviewing all applications.
The City of Dade City is in a local agreement with the City of San Antonio & the City of Saint Leo Jurisdictions. We issue their building permits, however you will still need to get an approval from the correct city first. Once approved, we will then be able to accept your application.
Pasco County Property Appraiser
Unsure if your property falls within our jurisdiction? Click the link above, enter the project address and it will list the jurisdiction. We only service the City of Dade City, the City of San Antonio & the City of Saint Leo.
Applying for a permit
Listed below are all the documents you may or may not need for applying for a permit. If you have any questions please contact our office.
- Building Permit Application
- Site Plan - For fences, sheds, attached additions, driveway permits
- Certificate of LDR Compliance and Minor Site Plan Application - For new principle structures, accessory structures (other than sheds) on single lots of record
- Roofing Affidavit
- Pasco County Notice of Commencement
- Owner Disclosure Statement
- Authorized Agent of Record (when applicable)
- Development Fees
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
Applying for a permit online
At this time, we are only accepting online permit applications for: A/C change out, re-roof, door & window change out, garage door, low voltage, electrical alteration/upgrade, tree removal, water heater replacement, fence, shed, and demolitions.
- Select “Permit Application Request”
- You must sign up with Google, Facebook or create an account with Iworq. If you already have an account with Iworq from another town, you will continue to use the same log in. In the upper left corner is an hour glass icon, you will need to input our agency code # Cit02 . This should allow you to submit a permit under the City of Dade City.
- Fill out the application and upload the proper documents for what the permit calls for.
- If you are a contractor pulling the permit and need to update you contractor information or register your company for the first time, you can upload that information through this application as well. Or you can email us at Sperez@dadecityfl.com , Ecordoba@dadecityfl.com or fax us at 352-521-1498.
NOTE: This application does not guarantee that a permit will be issued. You may not start work until the application has been processed, payment has been made and the permit is issued. Starting work prior to the issuance of the permit will result in penalties and fees.
Online Payments are not available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Payment by Check, Money Order, or Cash is acceptable until further notice.
The payment link only applies to permits submitted as of October 1, 2018 and are residential permits. Credit card payments will be charged a convenience fee of 3.5% or a minimum of $2.50 for all transactions.
- Search your permit number or best criteria
- Select your permit and it will display your fees.
- "Submit Payment" it will guide you to a payment screen.
There is no deadline for renewing your contractor registration. You may update at your convenience; however, all required items must be current to conduct business in the City of Dade City, San Antonio & Saint Leo. It is the contractor’s responsibility to provide proof of any documents prior to expiration. These documents can be email, mailed (email@example.com or Ecordoba@dadecityfl.com), faxed (352-521-1498) or dropped off in the office.
This feature is only for permits pulled as of October 1, 2018. Any permits pulled or submitted before then will have to email, call or fax in a request. We are now doing Video Inspections for only a/c, water heater, door and windows. We are working hard to perfect this software and any recommendations are appreciated. Please email Sarah at Sperez@dadecityfl.com should you have any questions.
- You must have a contractor access code to be able to request or view inspection results.
- Search your permit number or best criteria
- Fill out your request to its entirety.
- If the request is approved you will be able to come back to this screen and “View” your request and scheduled date. *Note if you requested a specific time frame, we cannot always guarantee that time*
- If the request was denied we will contact the number or email that was submitted during the request.
You can call, email or fax in a request. Inspection request are done the next business day unless received by 8:30 am the day of or if requested for a future date. Inspection request should include the following:
- Permit number
- Job site location
- Type of inspections
- Date requested for inspection
- Contact name & phone number
- Misc. (gate lock #, permit card location, time frame)
Permit Research Request
For information regarding building permits, or if you need Building Permit Record requests/or Code Enforcement requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be advised any request can take up to 5 business days and are answered in the order they are received and may require payment of a public records request fee, in compliance with Florida Public Records Law. Florida Public Records law allows for the inspection and examination by any person, at any reasonable time, under reasonable conditions (F.S. Chapter 119). Click here for Florida Statute Chapter 119 notification
Building Permit & Inspection Utilization Report
A local government entity may provide a schedule of reasonable inspection fees in order to defer the costs of inspection and enforcement of the Florida Building Code. The local government entity's fees must be used solely for carrying out that local government entity's responsibilities in enforcing the Florida Building Code. Pursuant to Florida Statute 553.80, by Dec. 31 of each year, the governing body of a local government that provides a schedule of fees shall create a building permit and inspection utilization report and post the report on its website. The City’s fiscal year begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The provided information is derived from each respective fiscal year and from relevant information available from the most recently completed financial audit.