City Manager/Finance Officer
The City of Dade City is a Commission-City Manager form of government. The Elected Comission serves as the policy makers (Board of Directors), and the City Manager (CEO) works for the Comission to implement their policy directions in addition to the day to day administration of the city.
As the top appointed official in the city, the city manager is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the municipality, in addition to other expectations.
Some of the basic roles, responsibilities, and authority include:
- Supervision of day-to-day operations of all city departments and staff, through department heads
- Oversight of all hiring, firing, disciplining and suspensions
- Preparation, monitoring, and execution of the city budget, which includes submitting each year to the Commission a proposed budget package with options and recommendations for its consideration and approval
- Main technical advisor to the Commission on overall governmental operations
- Public relations, such as meeting with citizens, citizen groups, businesses, and other stakeholders (the presence of a mayor may alter this function somewhat)
- Operating the City with a professional understanding of how all City functions operate together to their best effect
- Attends all Commission meetings, but does not have any voting rights
- Additional duties that may be assigned by the Commission
Angelia "Angie " Guy, City Clerk, CMC
The City Clerk is appointed by the City Commission and is responsible for administering the legislative affairs of the City. As a charter position the Clerk serves the Mayor, City Commission and all administrative departments. The Clerks acts as a historian for the community and performs all "public" services. The Clerk's office handles the matters related to the Dade City Cemetery and all Public Records Requests.
Dye, Harrison, Kirkland, Petruff, Pratt & St. Paul, PLLC
Thomas Thanas, Interim City Attorney
The City Attorney, along with the Labor Attorney and any other special counsel, provides legal advice to the City Commission and the administrative staff of the City. This includes reviewing contracts, preparing ordinances and representing the City in certain litigation.
The Police Chief is charged with the responsibility to ensure that his department provide timely and professional emergency assistance, uphold public safety, and protect life and property and to serve all residents, visitors and business owners in a fair and prudent manner.
Interim Public Works Director
The City Engineer is the Public Utilities/ Water & Sewer Administrator and oversees the operation and the maintenance of the Dade City wastewater treatment plant as well as seven public drinking water supply wells and two ground storage facilities. The City Engineer and plant personnel are charged with the large responsibility of protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public and by providing the highest quality of potable water at the most economical cost. The City Engineer also provides engineering support to all departments. The Public Works Director provides supervision and guidance of City personnel under the Public Works Department; manages operations of streets, parks, cemetery, City garage, public buildings and sanitation within the City; issues work orders for the upkeep of public building maintenance; answers citizen complaints; provides technical assistance to the City Manager in developing and researching varied projects for the improvement of the facilities and services available to the citizens.